Tony Visconti, J.P.

Wedding Officiant for All Occasions

Call: 781-326-3886


Tony Visconti, Justice of the Peace

Westwood, MA


I have been a licensed Justice of the Peace (JP) in the state of Massachusetts for over a decade.

I am able to perform all varieties of wedding ceremonies, including Modern, Religious, Traditional, and Same-sex. I also have experience in providing suggested readings for friends and family members upon request.

My trademark is to end the ceremony with a short, but special reading: the Apache Wedding Blessing.


Rates are standard based on location:

  • Inside of Westwood: $100.00
  • Outside of Westwood: $150.00*
  • Deposit: 50%
  • Attendance at Rehearsal: $60 - $75**
  • *plus parking, if necessary. **depending on distance.


I am happy to accommodate couples with their choice of ceremonies if desired. Couples may, if they wish, write their own vows, and even their own ceremonies. It is their special day, after all. My function is simply to officially pronounce their marriage, and I will do all I can to make the occasion as special as possible.


Marriage licenses may be obtained at any town hall in Massachusetts regardless of where the wedding ceremony is going to be performed. The filing fee for intention to marry is $30.00. Local Town Halls are open as follows:

  • Norwood: Weekdays 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (781)762-1240; 566 Washington Street, Norwood, MA
  • Westwood: Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Summer hours differ) (781)326-6450; 580 High Street, Westwood, MA
  • Dedham: Weekdays 8:30a.m.-4:30 p.m. (781)326-1638; 26 Bryant Street, Dedham, MA
  • Medfield: Mon-Wed 8:30a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Thurs. 8:30a.m.-7:30 p.m.; Fri.8:30a.m.-1:00 p.m. (508)359-8505; 459 Main Street, Medfield, MA

Time Frames

A Marriage License is good for 60 days, i.e. a ceremony must take place within 60 days after filing of intention to marry, otherwise the marriage license is void.

After the ceremony, the Marriage Certificate will be filed with the Town Clerk within 1-2 weeks.

State law prohibits providing a copy of the completed license to the couple after the ceremony. Please let us know in advance if there is an immediate need for a certified copy, as arrangements can be made for sending the Certificate overnight to the appropriate town hall.


For more information, call: 781-326-3886 or e-mail: